Terms and Conditions
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS THROUGH USE
CODE OF CONDUCT
While using this Website or Website-related sites and services, you agree not to:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website and services;
- Post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, deceptive, tortuous, threatening, abusive, violent, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or harmful information of any kind, or which, without The Savvy Source's express prior written consent, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services;
- Post or transmit any unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on the Website;
- Post or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component;
- Post or transmit materials which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including but not limited to another party's copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- Collect users' content or information, or otherwise access the Website using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission;
- Engage in any act that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the Website, such as a denial of service attack;
- Facilitate or encourage any violations of this Terms and Conditions; or
- Violate any other applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Website.
For legal reasons, we cannot nor do we try to control the information provided by other users which is made available through our system. By its very nature, other people's information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. We expect that you will use caution -- and common sense -- when using our Website.
The Savvy Source reserves the right to prohibit any user who, in The Savvy Source's sole and absolute discretion, violates the Code of Conduct or other terms of these Terms and Conditions, from using the Website and related services. Such prohibition may occur with or without notice.
REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
When you register to use any services or engage in any transactions on the Website, you must provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and maintain and promptly update your account information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You shall bear the sole responsibility for maintaining control over access to your account, including the confidentiality of your account log-in and password, and have sole responsibility for all activities that occur on or through your account. The Savvy Source will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to maintain control over access to your account.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This Website may produce automated search results or otherwise link you to other sites on the Internet. These sites may contain information or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. These other sites are not under the control of The Savvy Source, and you acknowledge that The Savvy Source is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies on those other sites before providing any information to them. The inclusion of such a link does not imply endorsement of the site by The Savvy Source.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
The Savvy Source, similar to an Internet Service Provider, is a distributor and not a publisher of content supplied by third parties and users. Accordingly, any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, or any other end users are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of The Savvy Source. Neither The Savvy Source nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. (Refer to "Disclaimer of Warranties" and "Limitation of Liabilities" below for the complete provisions governing disclaimers of warranty and limitation of liabilities.)
The Savvy Source contains links to third party Web sites maintained by other content providers. In many instances, the content available through this Website represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider, end user, or other user not under contract with The Savvy Source. The Savvy Source neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on The Savvy Source by anyone other than authorized employee spokespersons of The Savvy Source while acting in official capacities. Under no circumstances will The Savvy Source be liable for any loss or damage caused by an end user's reliance on information obtained through The Savvy Source. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice, etc., or other content available through The Savvy Source. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by The Savvy Source of the contents on such third-party sites and The Savvy Source hereby expressly disclaims any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party Web sites. If the user decides to access linked third-party Web sites, the user does so at its own risk.
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS; LICENSE GRANT
The Savvy Source is a trademark of The Savvy Source for Parents LLC. All rights in respect of this trademark are hereby expressly reserved. You acknowledge and agree that all content and materials available on this Website are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws. Unless otherwise indicated, all such rights and trademarks appearing on the Website are the property of their respective owners. Except as expressly authorized by The Savvy Source in writing, you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, or create derivative works from such materials or content.
By uploading and posting communications and content covered by intellectual property rights on or through the Website (for example, photos and videos) ("IP content"), you shall be deemed to have granted to The Savvy Source a royalty-free, transferable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the IP content alone or as part of other works in any form, media, technology whether now known or hereafter developed ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it; provided, however, that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others). Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may revoke the IP License for any IP content only prior to The Savvy Source's decision to use or publicize any IP content, which decision is made internally by The Savvy Source without notice to you.
To revoke The Savvy Source's right to use or publicize your IP content, The Savvy Source must receive written notice from you at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to its internal decision to use or publicize your IP content. Therefore, if you wish to revoke The Savvy Source's right to use or publicize your IP content, you must notify The Savvy Source immediately. Once The Savvy Source has made an internal decision to use or publicize your IP Content, you will no longer be able to revoke The Savvy Source's right to use or publicize your IP content and The Savvy Source will have no obligation to discontinue or prevent your IP content from being used or publicized. After The Savvy Source has received your written notice of revocation, The Savvy Source will have a commercially reasonable period of time to implement your request.
With regards to any IP content uploaded or posted by you, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the original creator of the IP content;
- You own or otherwise control all rights to such IP content;
- Using or publicizing the IP content by The Savvy Source will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party; and
- You agree not to provide The Savvy Source with any confidential or proprietary information that you desire or are required to keep secret.
You may access your user account on up to five (5) different computers. Your username and password will not work if you try to access your user account from an additional computer. We do this to protect your user account and to discourage unauthorized account sharing.
The Savvy Source shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the Website at all times, including any chat rooms and forums that may hereinafter be included as part of the Website, to determine compliance with these Terms and Conditions and any operating rules established by The Savvy Source, as well as to satisfy any applicable law, regulation or authorized government request. Without limiting the foregoing, The Savvy Source shall have the right to remove any material that the Savvy Source, in its sole and absolute discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable
You hereby agree and accept the following payment terms and conditions for any payments, purchases, offers, donations, or orders made by you through the Website.
- You are required to create an account with The Savvy Source in order to purchase any product or service offered by or through the Website or The Savvy Source and you will be required to provide The Savvy Source with billing and account information ("Billing Information") for a credit or debit card ("Card") for which you are authorized to approve charges. In providing Billing Information for this Card, you are authorizing The Savvy Source to collect payment from you using this Card for your transaction. You must provide The Savvy Source with true, accurate, current and complete Billing Information and maintain and promptly update your Billing Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- You agree to be bound by and pay for any transactions confirmed by you through the Website.
- If you order something that becomes unavailable before it can be provided to you, your only remedy is to receive a refund of your purchase price.
- You must comply with any additional terms and conditions related to a specific purchase that may be required for a purchase, offer, or order by you through the Website, including but not limited to the terms and conditions for the redemption of a certificate for a "Savvy Deal of the Week" or any other offerings by The Savvy Source and its third party affiliates, vendors and partners.
- When you provide a payment source to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that payment source. You also authorize us to collect and store it, along with other related transaction information.
- When you make a payment, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the payment source you designate for the transaction.
- If you pay by credit or debit card we may obtain a pre-approval from the issuer of the card for an amount up to the amount of the purchase. We will bill your card at the time of purchase or shortly thereafter. If you cancel a transaction before completion, that pre-approval may result in your funds not otherwise being immediately available.
- If you pay by debit card and your payment results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
Reservation of Rights by The Savvy Source
We reserve the right to take actions in order to limit the liability of the Website and The Savvy Source, including but not limited to the following:
- We may any inquiries that we consider necessary, either directly or through third parties, concerning your identity and creditworthiness.
- We may cancel any transaction if we believe the transaction violates the Payments Terms described above or the Terms and Conditions, or we believe doing so may prevent financial loss.
- We may place a delay on a payment for a period of time, limit payment sources for a transaction, limit your ability to make a payment or deactivate your account if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss.
- We may contact your payment source issuer, law enforcement, or affected third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
- If you make a purchase, and your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may take steps to collect past due amounts using other collection mechanisms. You agree to pay all expenses associated with such collection, including reasonable attorneys' fees.
- The Payment Terms in place at the time you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
- We may add additional email correspondence in the Savvy Source's sole and absolute discretion. You shall always have the ability to unsubscribe from any and all email correspondence from the Savvy Source.
Savvy Dollars Program
- The Savvy Dollars Program (the "Program") and its benefits are offered at the discretion of The Savvy Source and The Savvy Source has the right to terminate the Program or to change the Program rules, regulations, benefits, conditions, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice, even through changes may affect the value of the Savvy Dollars already accumulated.
- The Savvy Source may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any accrued Savvy Dollars, increase the number of Savvy Dollars required for any Savvy Savings and Scholarships offer, limit the number of Savvy Dollars redeemable for each Savvy Savings and Scholarships offer, limit the number of Savvy Savings and Scholarships offers for which Savvy Dollars may be redeemed, modify or regulate the transferability of Savvy Dollars or benefits, or limit the number of Savvy Dollars available or redeemable under the Program.
- Savvy Dollars cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Savvy Dollars may not be combined with a credit card charge to purchase a Savvy Deal of the Week.
- Accrued Savvy Dollars do not constitute property of the user. Accrued Savvy Dollars are not transferable (i) upon death, (ii) as part of a domestic relations matter, or (iii) otherwise by operation of law.
- Each user is responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the Program rules and the amount of Savvy Dollars in his or her account.
- The Program is maintained for the benefit and participation of individual users only. Only individuals are eligible for the Program, and each user may maintain only one account. Duplicate accounts will be subject to cancellation. Only the user named on the account will be entitled access to personal account information.
- The sale or barter of any Savvy Dollars is expressly prohibited and any Savvy Dollars transferred, assigned or sold in violation of the Program rules may be cancelled.
- Savvy Dollars credited to a user are subject to expiration upon [five years] from the date of issuance, unless otherwise required by applicable law.
- Savvy Dollars accrued in a user's account shall be maintained in the account until it is redeemed, expires or is terminated in the sole and absolute discretion of The Savvy Source, whichever occurs first.
- Savvy Dollars in an amount determined by The Savvy Source will be credited to a registered user (an "Eligible Referrer") only upon the first purchase of a Savvy Savings and Scholarships offer by a new user who creates a new account upon 96 hours of a referral by the Eligible Referrer.
- Users in the Program may use the Program for non-commercial, lawful purposes only and agree not to use the Program for unlawful, fraudulent, deceptive, tortious or otherwise objectionable or harmful purposes. The Savvy Source reserves the right to prohibit any user, who, in The Savvy Source's sole and absolute discretion, violates the Code of Conduct or other terms of these Terms and Conditions from participating in the Program and terminate the account of any such user.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THIS WEBSITE AND ALL INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE (THE "CONTENT") ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE SAVVY SOURCE DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
NEITHER THE SAVVY SOURCE, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE CONTENT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO (I) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR (II) THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, THE SAVVY SOURCE'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE SAVVY SOURCE, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DISTRIBUTING THIS WEBSITE OR THE CONTENTS HEREOF, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF PERSONAL OR FINANCIAL RECORDS, WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER THEORY, EVEN IF THE SAVVY SOURCE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THE SAVVY SOURCE'S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE SAVVY SOURCE HAS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED IN A TRANSACTION WITH A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE. NONE OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Savvy Source and its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, manager, members, and employees harmless from and against any claims or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of this Website, Website-related services and any third party Web sites or services in any way associated with the Website.
Because we do not and cannot be involved in user-to-user dealings, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release The Savvy Source (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor."
The Website is hosted in the United States. If you use the Website from outside of the United States, you are voluntarily transferring information (including Personally Identifiable Information) and content to the United States and agreeing that the use of the Website is exclusively subject to the laws of the United States. Savvy Source makes no representation that materials on this Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Some countries may restrict or prohibit your ability to make payments through the Website. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions should be read to override or circumvent any such foreign laws. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive all claims against us related to payments unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge. You are responsible for and agree to reimburse us for all reversals, charge-backs, claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by us (including costs and related expenses) that were caused by or arising out of payments that you authorized or accepted. Your only remedy for a technical failure or interruption of service is to request that your transaction be completed at a later time.
In case of a dispute, the complaining party must give written notice to the other party. The parties will then have thirty (30) days to try to resolve the matter. If and only if they cannot do so, then either party may initiate mediation through the San Francisco offices of JAMS/Endispute or the American Arbitration Association. If and only if mediation fails to resolve the dispute, then either party may initiate arbitration through the San Francisco offices of JAMS/Endispute or the American Arbitration Association. Arbitration will be before a single arbitrator and will be binding. If immediate emergency action is necessary to preserve a party's rights pending mediation or arbitration, then either party may commence legal proceedings in the federal or state courts located in San Francisco. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by California law. Whenever possible, each provision will be interpreted in such a way as to be valid and legal, but if any provision should be held invalid or illegal, then that provision will be deemed deleted, and the rest of the Terms and Conditions will remain in effect. Unless you have entered into a User Agreement with The Savvy Source, these Terms and Conditions represent the entire understanding of the parties, and any other prior agreements or understandings are superseded. Any future modifications must be in writing. The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience of reference only; they don't affect the construction of this Agreement. The language in these Terms and Conditions will be construed as a whole and in accordance with its fair meaning, and not restricted for or against either party.
- These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and The Savvy Source will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- If any portion of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of this Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of the Terms and Conditions, it will not be considered a waiver.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under the Terms and Conditions to anyone else without our prior written consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under the Terms and Conditions are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- The Terms and Conditions do not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
The Savvy Source reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the Website, with or without notice. You may also delete your account at any time. In all such cases, the Terms and Conditions shall terminate, but the following provisions contained herein shall still apply: Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability, Indemnity, Release, Disputes; Arbitration, and Termination.
For questions about our Terms and Conditions, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by mail at:
The Savvy Source for Parents, Inc
601 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
The Savvy Source for Parents ("Savvy Source") is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of those who access or use our Savvy Source Website (the "Website").
About Savvy Source
Savvy Source is an interactive online service that provides information services, content, online community and transaction capabilities provided by Savvy Source, affiliates of Savvy Source, and other third parties. People can view articles, reviews and information on the Website without registering, or they can choose to register and set up an online profile to become a member of the Savvy Source network (each, a "Member" and collectively, the "Members"). To provide an enhanced experience, we request and display some personal information of Members to other Members and visitors, which allows our users to identify each other and expand their network of friends. Savvy Source Members can change their profile information at any time and can control how other Members and Savvy Source communicate with them.
Information That We Collect
We collect two types of information about our Website users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is personal information that identifies a specific end user. Savvy Source collects Personally Identifiable Information from you when you register with our Website, update your profile, interact with other Members, and use various features of our Website. To register with Savvy Source, you must provide certain pieces of information, such as your name and email address. You also have the ability to provide additional optional information to add to your personal profile. When you submit this information, we will send you a confirmation email that you must respond to in order to complete the registration process. After you are registered, you can edit your profile and add and edit your information. By using the privacy settings on your profile, you can control which Members have access to certain of your personal profile data. Keep in mind, however, that certain basic profile data cannot be hidden and will always be displayed on the Website once you register (see, "When You Register" below.)
We may also collect information regarding your interaction with other users and your use of the Website. From time to time we may ask you to respond to surveys or other requests for information and we collect the information you provide. We may collect information from you when you participate in sweepstakes and promotions offered on our Website. We may also collect information about you through other methods, including research surveys or information we obtain from third parties, including verification services, data services, as well as public sources. We use this information to continually offer you the most value as a Savvy Source Member.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not identify an end user. This type of information my include things like the Uniform Resource Locater ("URL") of the website you visited before coming to our Website, the URL of the website you visited after leaving our Website, the type of browser you are using and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. We, and/or our authorized third party service providers and advertisers may automatically collect this information when you visit our Website through the use of electronic tools like Cookies and Web Beacons, as described below.
Web Logs and other data. Like most standard Website servers, we collect information from all visitors to the Website. This information may include the browser you are using, the internet address from which you linked to our Website, the operating system of your computer, the unique IP address of the computer you used to access our Website, and usage and browsing habits. We use this information to help diagnose and troubleshoot server malfunctions, to analyze trends, track user movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. This aggregate data helps us determine how much our customers use parts of the Website, so we can improve it. We may also use individual information we collect through web logs to send you targeted offers and other communications.
Our Web pages and our e-mail newsletters contain "web beacons." Web beacons allow us to count users that have visited a web page or opened an email that contains a web beacon and collect other types of aggregate information. Using this information, we are able to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our Website. This allows us to learn what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which parts of our Website are the most interesting and what kind of offers our Members like to see. Some of the web beacons that are in place on our Website are used only by Savvy Source, and other web beacons are from our vendors and advertisers who use this data to assist us in analyzing how our users use the Website. In addition, we have agreements with various affiliate networks that promote Savvy Source on their affiliate websites. These affiliate advertisers may use web beacons in their advertisements to track users who click through from the affiliate website to the Website.
Security of Information
However, despite our efforts, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and no system can completely guaranty that there will never be unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Website, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information, and your use of the Website indicates that you are willing to assume this risk.
Use of Information and Information Sharing
When you Register. When you register with Savvy Source, you create your own profile and privacy settings. Your profile information, as well as your name and photo are displayed to people in the networks specified in your privacy settings to allow you to connect with other Savvy Source Network Members. Your name will be displayed to all users regardless of privacy settings, so you should use a name that you are comfortable having displayed. Other members can search for you by name or email address. You can control in your privacy settings whether or not you wish to display your email address.
Please be aware that certain personal profile information is displayed for all Members and cannot be hidden. Specifically, your name and photo are always displayed on the Website and therefore, are viewable by all users. In addition, because this information is publicly displayed on the Website, it may appear in the results of searches conducted on Internet search engines while you are a Member of the Website and potentially for some time period after your membership is terminated, depending upon the search engine's indexing practices.
Email and newsletters. Savvy Source may send you service-related announcements and emails from time to time. We may also use your information to send you e-newsletters, updates and communications about Savvy Source. You may opt-out of receiving future emails as described at the bottom of each communication from Savvy Source.
Notifications. Savvy Source may send announcements in the form of email about activity that takes place on the site relating to you. For example, this might include activity in one of your groups, or activity of one of your friends. You can change the delivery options for these notifications in your Profile and Settings area.
Sweepstakes and Promotions. On occasion, we may offer sweepstakes and other promotions in conjunction with a sponsor. By participating in a promotion, you submit to that promotion's terms and conditions including providing us with permission, if required, to share your personally identifiable information with a particular sponsor.
Third Party Offers. On occasion, we are able to offer you special products or services through a relationship with a third party. In those cases, the offer will be brought to you by Savvy Source and fulfilled by the third party. If you accept the offer, you will become a customer of the company that is fulfilling the offer and we will not have control over their use of the personally identifiable information that you provide to them when you accept the offer. You will also be given the opportunity to opt in to receive future information and offers from The Savvy Source or our select partners that we believe may be of special interest to you. Once you opt in, we may share your contact information, including your name, screen name, billing address, and telephone number. Should you later choose not to receive these communications, you may so indicate by changing your user settings or by responding to any of these communications, each of which will clearly explain how to opt out of future communications. You may also opt out by sending a request to feedback (at) savvysource.com. If you purchase a Savvy Savings coupon, we may forward your name to the vendor. We will not forward your credit card information. When a user signs up to purchase a Savvy Savings, the user will automatically be registered with Savvy Source in order to log on to the Website and print out their coupon. This is not optional. However, once the users receives an email, he or she can opt out of receiving the email by clicking on the "unsubscribe" option on the email.
Invite a Friend. If you do become a Member, not only can you enjoy all of the benefits of membership, but you can also invite other individuals to join by providing us with their first names and email addresses. Using the information you give us on these potential Members, we will send them an email invitation to join Savvy Source. The only way these individuals can become Members, however, is if they come to our Website and sign up themselves. We do not use this information for other purposes.
Legal Requirements; Safety. We may, without your consent, access and disclose your information, any communications sent or received by you, and any other information that we may have about you or your account as may be permitted or required by law (including, but not limited to, in response to a court order or subpoena), or to prevent or investigate suspected fraud, violations of our Terms of Service, or activity that appears to us to be illegal or may expose us to legal liability. Additionally, we may disclose your information in situations that we believe to be emergencies involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property if we believe that your information in any way relates to that threat. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the law or legal process or to protect or defend our rights or property. We may also share aggregated information with other companies with which we do business.
Sale of Business or Assets. In the event that Savvy Source, substantially all of its assets, or a line of business are acquired or merged with another company, personally identifiable information of our Members may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction. Savvy Source will notify users of the Website of such a change in ownership or transfer of assets by posting a notice on the Website.
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, although it may be required to engage in a certain activity on the Website.
As a condition of purchase of our products and services, we will send you Administrative and Promotional Emails (as defined below). We will send you information regarding your account activity and purchases as well as updates about our products and promotional offers. You cannot opt-out of Administrative Emails. "Administrative Emails" relate to a user's activity on the Website, and include emails regarding a particular user's account, requests or inquiries, and purchases of products and services. In contrast to Administrative Emails, however, you do have a choice with respect to "Promotional Emails" which advertise our products and services, including exclusive sales and other offers, and/or the products and services of our advertisers and affiliates. If you do not want to receive Promotional Emails from us, you may elect to opt-out of receiving Promotional Emails at any time after registering by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by writing to us as at the address contained herein, or by hitting the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of any of our emails. When contacting us via email or in writing at the address contained herein, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Promotional Emails you do not want to receive. Please note that if you receive promotional emails from a third party affiliate or advertiser, you must contact the entity that sent you the email directly to unsubscribe from their promotional mailing list.
Additional Privacy Issues
Children. Minors under the age of 18 may not use the Website. We do not collect or maintain information from anyone known to be under the age of 18, and no part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 18. Savvy Source does not sell products for purchase by children. In certain instances, we sell children's products for purchase by adults.
Public Areas. We may provide areas on our Website where you can publicly post information about yourself, can communicate with others, or can submit reviews and media content. This information may be accessible by other consumers and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a public restaurant review, you may receive unsolicited messages. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any personal information.
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents. California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the "Act") and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by the Act, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the Website and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The Act further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or standard mail to the address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with Affiliated Businesses or Marketing Partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled "California Customer Choice Notice." Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
Updating Your Personal Information
Savvy Source contains links to other sites. It is possible for you to receive information directly from our partners and other companies if you access them through a link on Savvysource.com or if you go directly to their Websites. Once you are on their sites, any data that you supply to these partners, for example, to obtain information or buy products directly from them is beyond our reach and will be the responsibility of each of the linked-to entities and not Savvy Source. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Websites or any other sites linked to or referenced on our Site.
The Savvy Source for Parents, Inc
601 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Preschool Survey Comments
- To protect the privacy of people working at the schools, all names will be redacted from preschool survey comments.
- All comments must fall within the scope of the survey. Any comments that fall outside of the scope the survey will be deleted.
- No personal attacks will be allowed.
- Your survey on Savvy Source becomes the property of Savvy Source, and we reserve the right to edit it as we see fit.
- The survey comments express the views of the author of the comment only.
All Other Comments and Postings
- Obscene, racist, or sexually explicit language is not acceptable, and personal attacks are not permitted.
- Posts must be on topic.
- Advertisements and solicitations are not allowed.
- Your post on Savvy Source becomes the property of Savvy Source, and we reserve the right to edit it as we see fit.
Savvy Source respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send an email to administrator(at) savvysource.com with a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon; a description of where the material is located on the site, including the specific URL; and your address, telephone number, and email address.
I'm the director of a school, and I've received a survey that I feel is unfair. What can I do?
We only publish surveys that fall within our guidelines, as noted above. If you feel your school has been unfairly or inaccurately described, we recommend that you respond with a comments of your own (go to your listing, click "Director: Enter Stats" and follow the prompts). You may also contact us through the feedback portion of our site for further information.
Updated on February 4, 2008