5751 33rd Avenue NE
Seattle, WA 98115
|Play- based||mostly teacher led||not formally in curriculum||conducive environment|
|Nursery rhymes, poems, songs|
|Emerging literacy skills|
|Math & number sense||
|Time & space||
|Sci. reasoning/physical world||
|Other subjects taught|
We want to preserve and enhance the self-image and creative nature of each child. We believe that a child gains positive self-image by developing skills:
• Socio-emotional skills
• Communication skills
• Creative and dramatic skills
• Cognitive-intellectual skills
• Self-help skills
• Physical-motor skills
Skills are developed when the child works in the various learning centers:
• Art table
• Toys and manipulatives
• Large muscle
• Home center
We believe that a child’s natural creativity is preserved and enhanced by:
1. Encouraging the child to freely express opinions and ideas without negative judgment.
2. Aiding the child in becoming independent enough to solve his/her own problems.
3. Providing a relaxed learning situation in which the child can learn through discovery, and progress at his/her own pace.
4. Helping each child appreciate his/her own unique qualities.
We recognize that learning is a lifelong process in which adults and children contribute to the education of each other. We want our preschool to be a place where each person can learn without fear of failure. We are patient with mistakes, recognizing that mistakes are part of the growth that continues throughout all our lives. With young children especially, we recognize the need to emphasize the “getting at” and the “getting to”: It is the process, not the product that is important.
We actively value the individuality of each person in our preschool.