2500 NE 49th Street Suite A
Seattle, WA 98105
La Escuelita provides an environment and a dual language bilingual bicultural curriculum that fosters the holistic development of each child within the context of each child's home culture and language. We have adapted the goals of the "Soy Bilingue" and "The Creative Curriculum" to accomplish our mission:
1. To promote the development of each child's appreciation of himself/herself as individuals competent in all the learning domains (physical, cognitive, social emotional and creative).
2. Assist children to recognize and respect the many ways children are the same and different from each other.
3. Incorporate the child's interest and the events that make up their lives in the daily activities in order to foster children's learning and how to successfully solve problems.
4. Assist children to develop the skills and attitudes to successfully deal with school.
5. Promote the development of English and Spanish using a Dual Language Model.
6. Validate and develop respect for all the languages and cultures represented in the program.
7. Assist children to develop the skills necessary in resisting bias, rejecting negative cultural messages and developing a positive sense of cultural self.
(from Parent Handbook)
Typical Daily Schedule:
6:30-8:00 am Arrival and Health Check
8:00-8:30 am Snack
8:30-9:00 am Toileting
9:00 am-12:00 pm Developmental Activities
12:00-1:00 pm Lunch
1:00-2:30 pm Nap
2:30-3:00 pm Snack
3:00-5:30 pm Developmental Activities