Harvard Avenue School curriculum is designed to enhance the whole child and recognize that each child has a unique process of development. We creates lessons appropriate to the unique development of each child to help fulfill their individual potential. Harvard Avenue School believes that each child has a gift in their love of learning and their absorbent mind. Our school works to develop each childï¿½s confidence, coordination, concentration, and independence.
Harvard Avenue Schools strives to nurture the growth of the children by providing a safe, stimulating and accepting environment that will allow him/her to:
- Develop individually through play that encourages learning.
- Develop socially through activities that encourage participation, cooperation and leadership.
- Develop cognitively in a prepared environment using a variety of materials. Examples of this include:
- Practical life activities including cooking, stringing beads, transferring various materials such as water and sand, and other activities designed to increase fine motor skills.
- Lessons in fine motor development, geography, mathematics, science, pre-reading skills, French, music, dance, and art.
- Develop appreciation and awareness of art.
- Develop a sense of community that nurtures respect, understanding, and acceptance of all people.
Sample Daily Schedule
Classes and activities may vary due to special projects or weather
School opens; drop-off begins.
Children have free time in the classrooms
Morning circle time; group lesson is given; Spanish/music/creative movement lesson at least once a week
Activity period (children work alone, with a partner, in groups, or with a teacher).
Afternoon story circle, enrichment activities/outdoor play as we wait for parents to arrive
After-school program begins on select days