Harvard Avenue School curriculum is designed to enhance the whole child and recognize that each child has a unique process of development. We creates lessons appropriate to the unique development of each child to help fulfill their individual potential. Harvard Avenue School believes that each child has a gift in their love of learning and their absorbent mind. Our school works to develop each child’s confidence, coordination, concentration, and independence.
Harvard Avenue Schools strives to nurture the growth of the children by providing a safe, stimulating and accepting environment that will allow him/her to:
- Develop individually through play that encourages learning.
- Develop socially through activities that encourage participation, cooperation and leadership.
- Develop cognitively in a prepared environment using a variety of materials. Examples of this include:
- Practical life activities including cooking, stringing beads, transferring various materials such as water and sand, and other activities designed to increase fine motor skills.
- Lessons in fine motor development, geography, mathematics, science, pre-reading skills, French, music, dance, and art.
- Develop appreciation and awareness of art.
- Develop a sense of community that nurtures respect, understanding, and acceptance of all people.
Sample Daily Schedule:
Classes and activities may vary due to special projects or weather
School opens; drop-off begins
Children have free time in the classrooms
Morning circle time; group lesson is given
Morning activity period (children work alone, with a partner, in groups, or with a teacher).
French and/or Music circle
Lunch clean up
Afternoon story circle as we wait for parents to arrive
Afternoon dismissal; closure of the facility