4400 86th Avenue SE
Mercer Island, WA 98040
Our mission is to nurture the emotional, social, spiritual and intellectual growth of each child. We do this by providing stimulating experiences, balancing free play and structured activities, and focusing on themes for each day and season.
Our curriculum includes activities to increase intellectual development (arithmetic, language, speaking, and recognition), artistic exploration (music, dance, and artwork), physical development (large and small motor skills and lots of time outdoors) and social skills (taking turns, learning manners, solving disagreements, and inventing with others).
Our philosophy is that this combination of structure, play, socializing and learning helps children love learning while putting in place the disciplines and experiences that will help them thrive in school. All this is done in an environment of loving care, respectful appreciation, and dedication to the value of learning.
We are glad for and incorporate the diversity of religious beliefs among the families of our school, and our governing principles are derived from the values of our church - respect the dignity of every human being, work for justice and peace, and do for others what you would want them to do for you.
The daily schedule, activities offered and room arrangements are determined with a purpose in mind:
• "Process Oriented" - We want your child to have the experience of doing and being involved.
• Balance of active and quiet activities - This allows individual, small and large group participation to reach different personalities and levels of ability and maturity.
• Exposure to a wide variety of materials presented in different ways.
• Repeat experiences as a means of developing your child's skills and interests.
• Division of the classroom into interest centers for a child to explore and manipulate materials. Arrangements change throughout the year to provide variety and stimulate interest.