"Our warm and accepting teaching style helps each child feel secure and comfortable. At Kirkland Children's School each child will have many opportunities to succeed emotionally, socially, physically and academically. Our program encourages discovery, exploration, creative learning and problem solving skills.
We want each child to grow in their ability to recognize feelings and to express emotions. Our program builds on the child's natural sense of wonder as they experience the excitement of creating a picture, building a Lego tower, or the thrill of writing their name for the first time.
The goals of Kirkland Children's School are:
* to encourage independence and responsibility for self.
* to develop curiosity, creativity and self-confidence through a warm, caring and accepting environment.
* to help children learn respect for the rights and needs of others thereby learning to participate in and contribute to the community.
* to develop in each child a positive attitude toward school.
* to build on each child's physical, emotional and intellectual skills.
The staff of Kirkland Children's School is committed to providing the children and parents of our school the highest quality education and child-care. Our commitment shows in our well-trained caring staff, a comprehensive curriculum, a clean environment, and a smile on a child's face. We are proud of our school and invite you to share it with us."
Excerpted from the preschool's website