"• provide a routine to give children security and teach organizational skills.
• Use fun sound, color, shape, size, letter and number activities to prepare for reading, writing, math and science.
• Guide positive verbal and physical social interaction which teaches problem solving with peers.
• Use a minimum of help techniques in open-ended activities to provide a child's
• Use PLAY encouraging children to explore, expand abilities, follow directions,
sequence steps and develop age appropriate skills.
• Encourage use and coordination of the whole body and all the senses
• Help children care for all living things to contribute to school, work and community."
Excerpted from the preschool's website