"Our goal is to be among the finest college preparatory schools in the country. To this end, we are dedicated to a continuum of excellence in education, beginning with early childhood learning in our Montessori and Kindergarten programs, continuing through Lower School, Middle School and culminating in our comprehensive college preparatory program in Upper School. Overall, the Saint Mary's Hall program seeks to provide each student with an opportunity to attain his or her personal best. The specific objectives of a Saint Mary's Hall education combine moral and character-building goals with academic, athletic and artistic goals. Our expectation is that each student will:
• Develop an intellectual discipline, which includes skill in the logical process, ability for self-evaluation and interest in lifelong learning.
• Learn and appreciate the value of high ethical standards.
• Understand the political and economic systems of our country, as well as other countries and understand the value of community participation and environmental awareness.
• Participate in athletic programs and gain knowledge and awareness of the value of team-building and lifelong participation in physical fitness.
• Gain knowledge and appreciation of the visual and performing arts and appreciation for cultural diversity.
• Become an educated and ethical contributor to the society in which he or she lives.
• Acquire self-confidence and poise
Excerpted from the preschool's website