"The Methodist Weekday Child Development Center operates s part of the Weekday ministries program for the early childhood development of the First United Methodist Church of Brenham, Texas. The Weekday School has been in operation since 1958.
The purpose of the Methodist Weekday School is to provide a quality half-day preschool program, and extended care program in a loving Christian environment, which will benefit the child, the parent, and the community.
Methodist weekday believes young children learn through direct interaction with their environment. They learn best when all their senses are involved: touching, tasting, and seeing. Exploration, questioning, and experimenting with real objects and people gives them a solid foundation of knowledge and learning skills.
The goals of the Methodist Weekday School are to encourage:
1) Learning to ask why or how something works
2) Learning to work and play with others.
3) Learning confidence in running, jumping, skipping.
4) Learning about the earth and how to take care of it.
5) In addition, we believe children should be aware that they are acceptable and worthy of God's love and the love of others.
Methodist Weekday Child Development Center operates as a licensed childcare facility according to the standards set forth by the Texas Department of Child Protective Services.
Excerpted from the preschool's website