3225 Garden Dr
Knoxville, TN 37918-3319
"GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The main objective of The Garden Montessori School is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating
environment which will help children develop within themselves the fundamental habits, attitudes, skills
and ideas which are essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
The special goals for the children who attend The Garden are:
• To develop a positive attitude toward school and learning.
• To develop a sense of high self-esteem.
• To acquire the basic skills and habits of concentration for a lifetime of learning.
• To develop and foster an abiding curiosity.
• To develop habits of initiative and persistence.
• To foster inner discipline and a sense of order.
• To develop sensory-motor skills in order to sharpen the ability to discriminate and judge.
• To help develop each child's innate, ultimate potential through high self expectations."
Excerpted from the preschool's website