"we strive to work in partnership with the family to promote the healthy, optimal development of each child. We believe that parents play the most important role in their child's life. Daycare is not a replacement for parents but an extension of them and parents have a right to expect the best of care for their children when they are not with them. Children learn by doing through hands-on experiences and play situations. We provide a safe and healthy environment for children and encourage independent exploration and experimentation within a variety of stimulating learning centers. As Child Care Professionals, we seek to provide a warm, nurturing environment for all children in our care. We recognize that each child is a unique individual. We offer first hand experiences, together with adult guidance, in order for each child to be encouraged to develop at his/her own pace. The social connections which children form throughout the early years are an essential element in the process of learning the skills of cooperation and conflict resolution. We believe that it is essential for children to be given an opportunity for social interaction that is both respectful and rewarding. Also, the opportunity must be given to practice skills to assist children in resolving conflicts encountered in daily life. It is our goal to assist parents in the process of raising independent responsible children.
• Children will be provided with the opportunity for socialization by experiencing respectful, caring interaction with each other and with adults.
• Children will be provided with the opportunity to develop positive self-esteem through interaction as well as mastery of specific developmental tasks.
• Children will have the opportunity to learn listening skills and express and channel feelings and needs.
• Children will have the opportunity to develop a sense of responsibility.
• Children will be challenged intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally in order to develop to the maximum of their potential.
Excerpted from the preschool's website