"Wilkes-Barre Academy is concerned with the development of all students. The mission of the school is to meet the academic, social, and personal needs of the elementary/middle school student.
1. Developing pupil knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of the world and its social, political, geographical, and economic concerns.
2. Promoting, developing, and nurturing individual differences while providing an educational structure and atmosphere to meet these individual academic, social, and personal needs.
3. Developing an appreciation of learning while challenging each student with new and interesting ideas and concepts.
4. Providing opportunities for pupils to develop the facility for responsible decision making, independent work and study habits, and creative thinking.
5. Building upon the curriculum of the preschool/elementary school program and continuing to offer a general program of education emphasizing the development of basic skills and good work-study skills.
6. Providing the opportunity for students to learn, to develop, and to practice the interpersonal skills needed to understand and accept others.
7. Providing systems of communication for parents and students, which will result in a better understanding of the school’s goals and will enable students to achieve academically and individually."
Excerpted from the preschool's website