13587 Roachton Road
Perrysburg, OH 43551
"The goal of Montessori education is to foster autonomous, competent, responsible, adaptive citizens who are lifelong learners and problem solvers.
• Learning occurs in an inquisitive, cooperative and nurturing atmosphere. Students increase their own knowledge through self- and teacher-initiated experiences.
• Learning takes place through the senses. Students learn through repeated use of hands-on materials and by interacting with others. These experiences are precursors to the abstract understanding of ideas.
• The individual is considered as a whole. The physical, emotional, social, aesthetic, and cognitive needs and interests are inseparable and equally important.
• Respect for oneself, others, the environment, and life is necessary to develop a caring attitude toward all people and the planet.
• Classrooms are child-centered.
• Materials and classrooms are structured to help develop a sense of order, concentration, coordination, and independence.
• There is an abundance of materials to meet the needs of many developmental levels.
• The materials are sequenced from simple to complex and are presented in the classroom in a logical order throughout the year.
• There is a quiet busy tone.
• A sense of community is fostered in classrooms composed of mixed-age groupings.
• There is a balance of freedom and responsibility in the classroom
Excerpted from the preschool's website