"The aims of the school are to operate a non-profit Nursery School in order to provide the best possible education for pre-school children. Briarcliff Nursery School offers a program of Early Childhood Education designed to meet the needs of young children and to foster their development. Through our program we are working toward the following objectives:
1. To help children know, accept, love and value themselves - to help children form a positive self image.
2. To foster emotional development by helping children identify their feelings and giving them an opportunity to express themselves through music, movement, drama and art.
3. To promote social development by helping children to become aware of the needs and feelings of others and by developing their ability to interact successfully and play cooperatively with others.
4. To provide materials, equipment and situations which arouse curosity, stimulate thinking and invite investigation.
5. To help children develop independence and enable them to function on their own with confidence and security.
Excerpted from the preschool's website