12 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10021
"We believe that:
• Each child has a deep potential for learning
• Learning should be a truly positive experience
• The character development of the child is essential in the learning process
• The ability to focus is a valuable learning tool for life
• The development of highly effective communication and critical thinking skills is vital
We believe in educating the “whole child” – his or her intellect, body and spirit. Our curriculum values academics, arts and athletics. We provide an integrated curriculum with teachers who encourage students to make connections not only between subject areas but also between subjects and themselves and their fellow students. Thus, we create many opportunities for the students to interact with, and master, the curriculum.
We believe that children learn best in a structured, unpressured environment. Our physical surroundings enhance the sense of intimacy, beauty and light. Our school day is built around a schedule with an opportunity to reflect between activities. We have a dress code. We use a formal system of address between students and teachers."
(From website: www.philosophyday.org)