A Child-Centered, Holistic Approach
During the pre-school years, children progress through various stages of physical, social and cognitive development. The overall objective of the Yearling Program is to provide for our children a warm, supportive environment that encourages positive growth in all these areas. We strive to help our children develop a positive self image and good feeling about coming to school and participating in the activities of the day.
Our children learn to work successfully and pleasurably with others, and in so doing, they develop a sense of community where cooperation is the style, rather than the competition.
We strive to work closely with parents who share with us the goal and process of educating thier children through mutual understanding and cooperation.
Tiny Toddlers Program Activity Schedule
1) Arrival - Greeting
Each child is welcomed. Mothers are assited in separating from their child.
2) Children are spoken to and assisted in involving themselves in an activity.
3) Morning Snack - Children are given juice and crackers or cookies and milk. Snacks are kosher.
4) Outdoor Play - Riding, toys, slide, seesaw, rocking boat, trikes on our fully enclosed cedar deck.
5) Art activities, followed by manipulatives.
6) Music, singing, dancing.
7) Quiet Time - Story Time
9) Quiet free play, Group Nap 12:30-2:00
P.M. activites may include outdoor play depending on the weather.
Afternoon Activities include: snack, blocks, housekeeping, dramatic play. Teachers will include sandbox or puzzles and other table games.