"Each child is a unique and special creation of God, worthy of unconditional love and respect.
* Having a successful early childhood is critical to healthy physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual development in later life.
* Children grow and mature according to predictable stages of development as well as individual time tables.
* Good early childhood practices are based on knowledge of child development theory and research.
* Children need a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment in order to grow up as healthy, successful adults.
* Young children learn best through play and a variety of experiences which are concrete and meaningful to them.
* Christian values are a critical part of our daily interactions with others.
* Parents and families are a vital part of the program.
* Positive communication among and between staff members, parents, administrators, and members of the Board of Directors is vital to the success of the program.
* Programs at St. John's Children's Center are inclusive and respectful of all genders, races, cultures, and while promoting the Reformed Tradition of the Christian Church, will be respectful of other religions.
* Early Childhood Education is recognized as a profession and a vocation. St. John's Children's center strives to be an example of quality Early Childhood Education for our community.
* These beliefs are implemented in the staffing, administration, policies, physical environment, curriculum, guidance techniques, and daily interactions with children and other adults at St. John's Children's Center.
Excerpted from the preschool's website