"The minds of young children are like insatiable sponges. They absorb so much from their world in ways we, as grown adults, sometimes do not realize. The precious early learning years, when the majority of intellectual and personality formation occurs, are the optimal times to enlighten our youth and develop the learning process which lays the foundation for understanding the world and helps them to figure out how they fit into the overall scheme of things.
Knowledge is not only having the right answers, but even more important asking the right questions.
Together we will:
• Expose our young students to a multitude of significant hands-on experiences and social/academic readiness skills
• Teach and model exemplary behavior and good moral values
• Encourage personal/group awareness so that each child learns to respect the feelings, rights and property of others
• Promote student's confidence in his or her newly-emerging abilities which result in a positive self-image and greater ease in social interaction
• Teach and reinforce self-help, good health and safety habits
With this as a premise, the child's interest and ability in learning the basic academic skills follow naturally.
Excerpted from the preschool's website