"Prince of Peace Lutheran Church of Old Tappan is a welcoming Christian community. The church has established the Prince of Peace PreSchool (POPPS), as an extension of our Christian Education Ministry. As a Christian PreSchool our curriculum incorporates the message of Jesus’ love and care through age-appropriate prayer, music, Bible stories, food and art that celebrate our Christian heritage.
The purpose of Prince of Peace PreSchool is to nurture the children and help them develop in a positive manner, to be caring, creative and responsible members of our school, families and society. With the cooperation of each family and the teaching staff, we will have the joy of sharing in each child’s success.
To provide a Christian PreSchool for two, three and four year old children in an atmosphere that will develop the whole child by:
1. sharing unconditional love and kindness
2. having children express themselves creatively through play, art, music and language
3. finding his/her place within a social group
4. having an opportunity to share the great stories of the Bible
5. encouraging social, emotional, physical, spiritual and intellectual growth
Excerpted from the preschool's website