"The Philosophy of the First Presbyterian Church Preschool is to enrich the efforts of the home in promoting growth and happiness in children.
We believe children are individuals and unique
We strive to give each child a foundation for subsequent school learning in a Christian atmosphere of love and acceptance. We provide a wide variety of learning experiences and at the same time give ample opportunity for children to socialize.
We offer a chance for the child to
- Develop sense of security outside the home
- Enjoy new forms of creative play
- Begin to accept standards for group harmony
- Experience moments of wonder and awe about God's world
- Grow in self-expression and communication with others
We offer each parent an opportunity to
- Develop friendships with other parents
- Experience children's development within an age grouping
- Enjoy valued personal time"
Excerpted from the preschool's website