* Developmentally appropriate curriculum combining teacher-directed activities with child-initiated activities
* Ongoing emphasis on nurturing self esteem
* Hands-on experiential approach to make learning an adventure
* Thematic weekly units to encourage exploration of language, math, science, art, music, literacy, and problem solving
*Focus on communication with parents through daily notes, What We Did Today forms, morning and evening greet
* Fostering appropriate behavior in a consistent, positive fashion"