"Our weekly theme units or projects, learning center environments, Project Construct curriculum (described
on back page), and parental involvement are designed to enhance a child's growth in six developmental
1. Spiritual: Children will learn that God created everything, that He loved them and sent His Son, Jesus,
to die for their sins, that He cares about their daily needs, that through faith the Holy Spirit draws them into
His family, and that He has prepared a mansion for them in Heaven.
2. Social/Emotional: Children need to feel positive about themselves, that they are special and can do
things well. They will learn that others are special too, and will respect their feelings and ideas through
socially appropriate behavior.
3. Physical: Children can discover more about themselves through body movement. Physical well-being
and fitness help them develop their fine and gross motor abilities.
4. Language: Children will improve their listening skills through hearing and retelling stories, listening to
songs, and following directions. Their expressive language will develop through sharing their ideas with
others, communicating their needs, singing songs, and acting out stories. Children will also be encouraged
in developing their written language skills.
5. Cognitive Children will learn problem solving, sorting, classifying and seriating through "hands on"
learning experiences. They will also learn more of the world around them, and the community in which
6. Creative: Children will create using a variety of materials as a means of self-expression, and selfsatisfaction,
daily individual or group projects relating to the theme unit we are studying."
Excerpted from the preschool's website