"Northfield Nursery School follows The Creative Curriculum for Preschool Fourth Edition. This curriculum guides us in providing a variety of developmentally appropriate activities in various learning centers. NNS provides opportunities for each child to:
• Develop self-esteem in a warm, secure atmosphere.
• Develop positive social relationships with other children and adults.
• Discover the world through age appropriate materials and hands-on experiences.
• Create freely in a noncompetitive manner.
• Make independent choices.
• Prepare for future educational endeavors: developing fine motor skills through
cutting and writing, building cognitive concepts such as letter recognition and
problem solving, and gaining independence through learning self-help skills.
Promoting literacy is an important part of the NNS curriculum. Some examples of our literacy emphasis are: studying an author/illustrator of the month, creating class books by having each child contribute a page, labeling areas in the classroom, and posting topical words at the writing center so children can practice printing."
Excerpted from the preschool's website