ABOUT FUN PRESCHOOL
FUN Preschool is state licensed preschool for children aged 3 -5 years old. FUN Preschool is directed by a board comprised of parent volunteers. There are both co-operative and independent parent options available. FUN Preschool offers a unique 11 year teaching partnership consisting of BOTH a certified teacher, Miss Deb, and a teacher aide, Miss Vickie. Co-operative parents and Hope College students are also a valuable part of your child's in-class educational experience.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
To create an environment that will develop a positive self-image whereby children will further their desire to learn and appreciate themselves, their peers, and their growing and expanding world.
FUN PRESCHOOL FEATURES & BENEFITS:
* Low Student to Teacher Ratio
* Full-time Certified Teacher & Full-time Teacher Aide
* Large Fenced in Playground
* Walking Field Trips to Downtown Attractions
* Indoor Gym Days
* Holiday & Spring Music Program
* Graduation Ceremony for Kindergarten Readiness Students
* Convenient Downtown Holland Location
Our Kindergarten Readiness Program is designed for children 4 -5 years old who will be attending Kindergarten after they graduate from FUN Preschool. We offer an AM class on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00 - 11:30am. This is our most popular Kindergarten Readiness class. We also offer a PM class on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 12:30pm - 3:00pm. Each class has a FUN Preschool-provided healthy snack and will be taught by Miss Deb with Miss Vickie's help. There will be co-op parents in the classroom, as well as Hope College Students. Kindergarten Readiness classes go on numerous walking fieldtrips and "at-location" fieldtrips throughout the school year.
A Typical Day for Kindergarten Readiness Program:
1. Children arrive, Miss Deb meets them in the Lobby.
2. Interactive Free Choice Play in the Fish room or the Frog room
3. Circle Time in the Frog Room (including- Pledge of Allegiance, Calendar Activities & Weather Activities)
4. Story Time with Miss Deb in the Frog Room
5. Large Group Activity in the Frog Room
6. Snack Time in the Fish room (healthy snacks provided)
7. Daily Writing Folders (including-writing and pre-reading skills)
8. Learning Link Activities
9. Outside Play in our Fenced in Playground (weather permitting)
10. Children Depart
* In addition, the Kindergarten Readiness curriculum includes early reading instruction. Yes, your child will begin reading by the end of the year!