"The Child Development Laboratories serve as a research and professional development site by
offering an exemplary program for children and their families. To do this:
We serve Children and Families by:
• Providing a play-based program influenced by such theorists as Vygotsky, Piaget, and
• Providing a developmentally appropriate curriculum designed to promote development of
the whole child. We do this by addressing development in six domains: aesthetic,
affective, cognition, language/communication, physical, and social.
• Providing a continuity of interaction across classrooms through the use of social guidance
• Welcoming children and families representing many languages, countries of origin,
income levels, family structures, and ability levels.
• Valuing families as experts on their own children.
• Collaborating with families to develop individually appropriate goals for their children
within the context of the classroom community.
• Providing child development information to families to assist them in better
understanding their child's development.
• Supporting families as they learn to be advocates for children."
Excerpted from the preschool's website