"The Grand Haven Area Public Schools Preschool Program is designed to meet each child's individual needs and help them reach their full potential as learners. Our centers are designed to address the developmental needs of young children by recognizing each child as a whole person: physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs are all part of our curriculum.
1. That children have different needs, interests, talents and develop at different rates.
2. That social, emotional, physical and aesthetic development are just as important to the development and well being of the whole child as intellectual development.
3. Children learn best when there is a planned, multi-cultural, non-sexist and developmentally age appropriate curriculum.
4. That children learn and develop by discovering, through direct experience, how the world works.
5. That the program environment should be affective, warm and filled with variety.
Excerpted from the preschool's website