Curriculum - Positive Discipline - Inclusion
All MCCA centers implement The Creative Curriculum and Developmental Continuum Toolkit®, a research-validated curriculum and assessment for young children. This child-centered, play-based curriculum fosters your child's growth and learning through activities that promote healthy development and long-term educational achievement.
Our developmentally appropriate curriculum emerges from careful observation of the children in each classroom. Each teaching team uses a formal system for observing their children's developmental stages and interests.
During weekly planning, these observations help the team recognize what their children are ready to learn next, in order to plan appropriate hands-on activities within the framework of The Creative Curriculum®. Weekly lesson plans and daily routines are posted and shared with families.
1. To encourage each child's positive sense of self through developmentally appropriate practices.
2. To develop each child's ability to make choices and decisions through the principles of active
3. To create an environment for children that encourages a collaborative relationship with families.
4. To provide an environment that promotes optimal physical development in a safe and healthy
5. To develop each child's ability to recognize, understand and express thoughts, ideas and feelings in
developmentally appropriate ways.
6. To foster development of interpersonal skills so that each child has opportunities to build positive
relationships with others.
7. To support each child's creativity, initiative, spirit of inquiry and passion for learning.
8. To foster an appreciation and respect for the diversity of individuals, families and community
through an anti-bias approach."
Excerpted from the preschool's website