"* to enable children to feel adequate in their environment.
* to aid children in learning to understand and live intelligently in their world.
* to teach children to manage themselves, their materials,
and the daily routine.
* to facilitate sturdy growth through providing adequate
space, freedom of movement, and needed equipment.
* to protect children from hazards to health and safety.
* to help children find comfortable, contributing places
in the group.
* to encourage children to take initiative in planning and
* to allow children to grow as a unique person in a loving and
Excerpted from the preschool's website