" Our staff provides a variety of activities and materials that are selected to emphasize experiential learning and to achieve the following goals:
1. Foster positive self-concept
2. Develop social skills
3. Encourage children to think, reason, question, and experiment
4. Encourage language development
5. Enhance physical development and skills
6. Encourage and demonstrate sound health, safety, and nutritional practices
7. Encourage creative expression and appreciation for the arts
8. Respect cultural diversity
The daily schedule provides a balance of activities for the child's classroom experience:
* All age groups play indoors or outdoors daily.
* The schedule provides for alternating periods of quiet and active play.
* A balance of large muscle and small muscle activity is provided to help develop fine and gross motor skills.
* More than one option for group activity (individual, small group, or large group) is available to children during their class time. Toddlers are not expected to function as a large group.
* A balance of child- and staff-initiated activity is provided. The amount of time spent in staff-initiated, large group activity is limited. "
Excerpted from the preschool's website