"The Hilbert Early Education Center program is based on the educational philosophy that preschoolers and kindergartners:
* Learn best by being actively involved in hands-on experiences with a balance between teacher-selected and child-selected activities. These playful experiences lay the groundwork for more formal learning situations.
* Need a consistent, caring relationship between child and teacher.
* Need parents who are supportive, encouraging partners with teachers, communicating regularly regarding their child.
* Need times each day to refresh and renew their energies.
* Need a balance between social and independent activities.
* Develop competencies in social, gross/fine motor, emotional, aesthetic and cognitive skills in varied ways and at varied rates.
* Need a safe environment scaled to their physical size that includes a wide variety of materials.
* Should be encouraged in the development of basic values such as curiosity, achievement, resourcefulness, respect and responsibility.
* Are ready to increase their awareness and understanding of the rich, diverse world around them.
Excerpted from the preschool's website