"The Parkland College Child Development Center was established to provide an educational program for children of Parkland College students. The CDC is intended to supplement the child’s family by providing a quality program for children while parents pursue their educational goals.
The following purposes are of equal importance in fulfilling the mission of Parkland College and the Child Development Center. We strive to:
• Guide and assist children in becoming active, responsible, ethical and self-disciplined citizens of our democratic society
• Prepare children for kindergarten
• Provide developmental programs and services, which enhance and support children’s learning
• Provide learning opportunities for children to explore their potential, abilities and interests
• Offer support to enhance parent’s capabilities in child rearing by providing networking, advising and guidance services."
Excerpted from the preschool's website