"We believe that parents have the first right and responsibility for the education of their children. It is essential that home and school be cooperatively involved in the educational process of each child. Also, it is our firm belief that the school assists the parents in the development of their children as religious, intelligent, moral and just human beings.
We believe that the school exists for the child. We believe that each child is unique and gifted and develops at his/her individual pace with individual learning strengths and weaknesses.
We believe that a healthy self concept is the child's most valuable asset which must be fostered at every step of his/her education. We believe that skill in developing positive interpersonal relations is a necessary part of maintaining a healthy self concept and that growth in the child's relationship with God must keep pace with his/her development in other areas.
We believe that the child's growth in this relationship is in direct proportion to the quality of his/her self concept and experience of Christian community in both home and school.
We further believe that the school has the obligation to implement a sound educational program which
• fosters a Christian community atmosphere
•aids the child in experiencing success and valuing oneself as
a worthwhile person
• aids the child in developing an ever maturing relationship with
God and in practicing Catholic Christianity in service to other
• teaches the child to appreciate the diversity in people and to
accept responsibility for others in a spirit of respect and concern
• promotes growth in self reliance and self discipline in adapting
to an ever changing world
• provides for the development of competence in the use of the
basic tools of learning
•provides for the development of aesthetic sensitivity through
involvment in the arts
• helps the child to grow in his/her ability to be happy, to relax and
to enjoy life to the fullest
• includes an on-going process of evaluation and development of the
educational program of the school
Excerpted from the preschool's website