"Maclay School supports its students in fulfilling their potential academically, emotionally, physically, and artistically. Its purpose is:
• to establish and maintain a curriculum designed to teach creatively the liberal arts.
• to create a civilized community of learning guided by a dedicated faculty of superior qualifications.
• to provide patient and understanding ways to challenge each student.
• to engender by teaching and example self-discipline, hard work, integrity, and persistence at school and at home.
• to stimulate each student to inquire, learn, recognize obligations, develop self-respect, and understand others.
• to build a meaningful spirit among students, parents, faculty, and community by faithful fulfillment of the Maclay School Mission and Philosophy.
• to prepare well-balanced students able to meet the future challenges of higher education, service to others, and life, with wisdom and fortitude.
Excerpted from the preschool's website