"The University of North Florida Child Development Research Center (CDRC) promotes an atmosphere of creativity, freedom of choice and positive interaction with our staff and children of the University and the community.
* The Center offers a readiness program directed toward formal education for preschool children. There are also computers and movement education programs offered. A homework assistance program is offered for all school-aged children.
* During the Summer Terms, the recreation department offers a Youth Fitness Camp to children ages 5-12 years. Please call 904-620-2998 for information on the summer camp.
* The Center's staff provides experience through observation, manipulation and experimentation.
* The Center provides a warm, pleasant environment and meaningful experiences to influence a young child's positive adjustment to the world of learning.
* The Child Development Research Center is available to children aged 2½ (if fully toilet trained) through 10, of University of North Florida students, faculty, staff and the general public.
* The Center also serves the University's academic community by allowing faculty members to conduct research. This research is interdisciplinary in nature and involves various University departments and research projects. Furthermore the Center serves as a pre-internship site for its University students as well as students within its region.
Excerpted from the preschool's website