"St. Helen School strives to educate the whole person in an atmosphere of academic excellence, respect for the individual child, Christian values, in combination with the family, parish, and community.
Catholic education promotes the Christian message of peace, hope, love and justice. St. Helen School demonstrates this through prayer and the celebration of the sacraments. Being a Catholic community, the school encourages service to others while fostering respect and active involvement in caring for God's creation.
St. Helen School is also guided by the pedagogical principles of Saint Pedro Poveda.
These principles are:
* The School considers the process of education as a humanizing task, at the service of the integral development of the child.
* The School impels a serious commitment with study and academic formation.
* The school fosters Gospel values in all activities and promotes the practice of these values.
* The school educates in citizenship and in active participation in the building of a civil society that promotes justice, solidarity, and peace.
* The school strives to foster an innovative pedagogy, capable of enduring change and of giving direction towards the future.
Excerpted from the preschool's website