"Children learn best when:
1.They are actively involved.
2.They use all of their senses, discuss, debate, explore, investigate, create, do projects, presentations, take trips, and gather their own information.
3. They study subjects in depth rather than in broad overviews, bringing in information and concepts from related areas.
4. They are interested in the topic, are challenged but not frustrated, and are having fun.
To create an independent learner who is achieving to his/her full potential.
An independent learner:
1. Loves to learn.
2. Has age-appropriate basic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics.
3. Is developing social responsibility and community awareness.
4. Exhibits creativity and imagination.
5. Uses problem solving and critical thinking skills.
6. Possesses positive social interaction and communication skills.
7. Has self-confidence.
Excerpted from the preschool's website