"We believe that children learn best in a setting that respects their unique patterns of growth
• We believe that the setting must be physically and emotionally safe if children are to
develop trust in their world.
• We believe that children benefit from the company of others. We encourage the
development of social skills by arranging opportunities for small and large group
• We believe in a child's desire for independence. We provide an environment rich
opportunities to help children develop a positive self-concept.
• We believe in the natural creativity of children. Each individual's creative expression is
unique and valued.
• We believe that children should exercise and play. We plan time for large and small
• We believe in families. We see ourselves as part of an extended family, working with
families to provide the very best care for their children.
• We believe that children learn best in an accepting and nurturing setting that reflects the
world around them. We provide opportunities that empower women and families.
• We believe in demonstrating responsive attitudes and practices to diverse cultures
throughout the organization."
Excerpted from the preschool's website