"1. Modeling is a key part of the preschool experience. Parents and teachers are constantly setting examples for children to model.
2. Language is the basis for all learning.
3. Active learning through experiences is vital. Using multisensory experiences and making choices supports language development.
4. Children need experiences in expressive (what they say) and receptive (what other say and they hear) language.
5. We believe that reading aloud to students is critical to creating confident readers and writers today and in the future. Books are a major part of all language learning. Reading to your children is very important.
6. Early identification of language delays permits early intervention and stimulation to minimize language deficits.
7. Language comprehension and expression are important for achieving school success.
Excerpted from the preschool's website