"Hope Lutheran Preschool offers young children a Christian setting in which to grow, to learn and to develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially.
Under the care of teachers who are guided by their Christian faith, the children will expand their perception of themselves, God, other people and the physical world in which God has placed us.
· To encourage the development of the whole child; to help him/her to feel secure in the love of God.
· To teach simple Christian truths related to the child's experiences and level of development.
· To encourage the child in self-confidence and concern for others. To encourage cooperation in work and play and to foster a spirit of sharing.
· To encourage the child's innate sense of curiosity; to develop his/her intellect through the use of hands-on experiences.
· To encourage fine and gross motor skills through the use of age-appropriate play equipment.
· To increase the child's skills in listening, self-discipline, conversation and creative self-expression.
· To operate as an extension in the area of education and as a missionary outreach of Hope Evangelical Lutheran Church of San Mateo. "
Excerpted from the preschool's website