4345 Del Mar Trails
San Diego, CA 92130
PHILOSOPHY AND GOALS
Notre Dame Academy Preschool is an early childhood education program designed to nurture the development of the whole child. Creativity and self-expression are encouraged, emphasizing process over product. Notre Dame Academy embraces the developmental theory of education for young children in the following ways:
• Develops an awareness of the love of God.
• Provides developmentally appropriate curriculum in a Catholic environment.
• Provides opportunities for children to develop independence and self-confidence.
• Fosters a child’s self-image through open-minded, multi-sensory, “hands-on” activities.
• Develops large and small motor skills.
• Provides opportunities for social and emotional growth.
• Lays the groundwork of intellectual skills for future growth and creativity.
• Provides opportunities for children to interact with their peers.
• Creates a readiness to learn
(Excerpted from Preschool handbook)