"Our goals and objectives as child development providers are to contribute to the child's total development. We are sensitive to the fact that developmental ability and personalities can vary widely at any age. We help children to build self-control by learning to follow rules, sharing, taking turns, and working in a group. All in all, our goal is for each child to be able to grow physically, emotionally, socially, and mentally.
In order to attain the above goals, the staff will help the child:
• gain pride in their own cultural background.
• learn to work and play independently.
• learn to live and play effectively with other children and to value one's own rights and the rights of others.
• develop self-identity and a view of themselves as having competence and worth.
• realize many opportunities to strive and succeed physically, intellectually and socially.
• to wonder, to seek answers, to question, to explore and to be curious while exploring their environment.
• strengthen physical skills, using large and small muscles.
• to offer education and experiences to enrich children 2 through 12 years of age.
• arts & crafts, science, music, drama, health, safety, sports, games, and multi-cultural activities, etc.
• grow in ability to express feelings and to understand the difference between feeling angry and feeling empathy for others.
• to be partners with our parents in dealing with the well being of their child(ren).
Excerpted from the preschool's website