The FasTracKidsr curriculum is a revolutionary enrichment education program for children ages 3-7 delivered in a positive, non-stressful, interactive, and FUN environment.
It is designed to expand the knowledge base of young children in 12-subject areas and simultaneously enhance their communication and leadership skills.
FasTracKids' vision is to develop a love of learning in children and give them tools for life. By offering a program that encourages exploration and self-discovery, FasTracKids hopes to make a meaningful difference in children's life.
Parents are welcome to observe class in progress by and watching the session on the monitor in the lobby. Alternately, parents may watch the session in the classroom if their child is young and new to the program. Below is a description of what a day in the life of a FasTracKid may look like.
- Children learn by watching and listening, through discussion and observation, games, doing interactive projects including science experiments and art/craft projects, speaking and video-taping opportunities, and role playing.
- During any given lesson plan (2-hr session), children will work on at least 1 or 2 projects or experiments in addition to doing other activities or games. For example: Earth science module: examine rocks and talk about their color, shapes, sizes etc; Build your own mountain with play dough, twigs, leaves, and then talk about it.
- Creativity module: Play the totem tole game and make your own totem poles; "how the piano sounds" activity.
- Technology and how things work module: "Vehicle matching game"; Make paper helicopters and "fly" them; Experiment by putting cars on a bridge and learn how it supports them; build a bridge with cardboard and share thoughts about it.
- Goals and Life Lessons: Make your own book about "Dax and his Friends," color it and give it a title if you want. Learn about peer pressure and bullying; learn the Braille'alphabet and write your own name using it; learn I LOVE YOU using sign language.
Children will enjoy a healthy snack and beverage.
Children will interact with other children socially during break time and get to know each other.
Children will take home "This week I discovered..." handouts that will inform parents what their children explored and did that week, how their knowledge was enriched, and how to follow-up and reinforce what was learned.
Parents will be able to use the parent support web resources and additional resources from their own academy.
Most importantly, we will nurture a love of learning in children while they are having lots of fun!