"* To provide for the development of the whole child – intellectually, socially,
emotionally, and physically by offering a balance and variety of activities.
- To provide a warm accepting environment and flexible schedule, which promotes
a positive self-esteem via an open structure format with group times and many
opportunities for children to make choices.
- To provide for individual differences and encourage a child's uniqueness through
materials, equipment and teaching which promotes the various learning styles of
children including visual, auditory and tactile.
- To provide staff who are responsive to children's needs, allowing them to
experiment and experience, and yet would augment the activities, as necessary for
further challenge or growth.
- To provide ample space to allow children the freedom of movement necessary to
accomplish the above – areas for large muscle activities and areas for quiet times.
- To provide a positive experience which will be a good foundation for further
participation in the public schools."
Excerpted from the preschool's website