"The Early Start Preschool Program strives to offer children a safe and secure environment. Parents have a partnership in their child's education at the preschool in all five areas of development: cognitive, communication, motor, social/emotional, and adaptive/daily living. We want the children to be accepting of themselves and others. They should experience an enjoyment of learning and an opportunity to develop to their fullest potential in a developmentally appropriate play-based classroom environment. Our language-based, developmental approach to learning provides hands-on experiences to meet the needs of all preschoolers. The preschool experience will promote the goals of the Arizona Academic Standards at the readiness level.
Children in the Early Start Preschool Program will demonstrate the following skills to the best of their ability:
• Readiness strategies in the areas of reading, math, and written language.
• Communication skills, both receptively and expressively.
• An understanding of a physically healthy lifestyle during indoor and outdoor motor activities.
• Socially acceptable behaviors during various activities.
• An appreciation of science and social studies in the world around them.
• An appreciation of fine arts through music, song, and dramatic play.
Excerpted from the preschool's website