205 W. 46th Street
New York, NY 10036
Opened in 1910, the theatre was originally named The Globe, after Shakespeare's theatre in England. The theatre had a retractable roof to enable the theatre to stay cool and open during the summer. For nearly two decades, the theatre housed a variety of plays and musicals until 1932 when it was turned into a movie house.