We have passed July 15, and that means that summer is quickly getting away from us and the first day of school will be here before we know it. But we are determined to make the most of the last few weeks! All those things still on the list from the beginning of summer? We're doing them. At least, we'll try.
Here's our list of ten things we want to be sure to squeeze in these last days of summer:
1. Nightswimming. There's something magical about still being in the pool when the sun goes down and the underwater lights come on.
2. Ice cream and watermelon... lots of it. They're two of our favorite tastes of summer.
3. At least one more movie watched smack dab in the middle of a weekday afternoon. Hooray for afternoons free of school and homework and activities!
4. Catching lightning bugs. It's like a little bit of our own childhoods coming back to us.
5. Sleeping late and staying in our pajamas. Yes, we can do this on the weekends during the school year, but there's something especially decadent about doing it on a Tuesday.
6. Taking a day trip. Find a nearby town you've always wanted to visit and go!
7. More animals. We haven't even made it to the zoo yet this summer...
8. Accomplish a goal. Ask your kids what they want to be able to say they've done when school starts back up, and then find a way to do it.
9. Plan a playdate with friends we haven't seen in a while. That goes for parents, too.
10. Make a wish. Stay up late to see the stars and then make a wish for how the summer should end. Summer magic is real.
How about you? What's on your list of things to do before school starts?
Even though it is still July, we’re already starting to think about school. Just a few stray thoughts here and there, but thoughts nonetheless.My five-year-old will begin kindergarten in September, just 47 days from today. And while she’... read more
Summer's half over? Says who? Some of us are just getting into the swing of vacation! No one wants to contemplate summer's end when it seems like the fun has only just begun. If you agree, just look away quickly, put your fingers in your ears and si... read more