Dearest Dad, it's your turn! Your turn for one precious day during which you get to do precisely what you want. Mostly. At least for part of the time.
Father's Day is a day to treat Dad right. Just for being himself.
It goes without saying that this celebration will involve homemade cards lovingly drawn by some very enthusiastic young artists. In addition, here are ten more ideas for how to give Dad the royal treatment on Father's Day.
1. Let him sleep late. Isn't that every parent's number one wish?
2. Go together on an outing of his choice: a sports event, hike, museum, etc. (And, if it's not your cup of tea, do a stellar job of pretending to enjoy it.)
3. Organize a get-together with his father. Celebrate both Dad and Grandad in one fell swoop, and knock a big to-do off his list.
4. Shine all of his shoes. This is huge fun for little kids (who knew?).
5. Do all his chores for a day. It's the royal treatment, remember?
6. Write a letter of appreciation. Putting your and the children's thanks on paper will mean a great deal.
7. Put together a photo book. Otherwise known as a "brag book" for a proud papa.
8. Download some new tunes for him, and have little dance party while you're at it. A fresh store of music will lift his spirits.
9. Make a favorite meal. So simple, so pleasing.
10. Help organize and/or greenlight an outing with his dad friends. Have fun, Dad! You deserve it.
Some say that Valentine's Day is a conspiracy of card-makers, chocolatiers, and florists. If it is, we say well done, because we love all three. Especially the florists. Who, in the midst of gloomy February, doesn't like to give or receive a c... read more
This week and next, our Savvy writers are talking about Just One Thing that we can do to be better organized, to whittle down our ever-growing to do lists, to prepare for the holidays, to feel more relaxed. Join us! Now ... read more