15791 CR 1113
Tyler, TX 75703
In 1964, four men (including Bill McKenzie, Bill Garrison and Professor Howard Hendricks) spent time in a boat in the middle of the 10-acre lake at what is now known as the Pine Cove Woods Camp. During their time of prayer, they asked God to show favor on the idea of a new Christian camp to be called Pine Cove. Four years later, Pine Cove hosted its first summer of campers in 1968, due to the vision and effort of Bill McKenzie.Now, more than 40 years later, over 800,000 people have attended summer camp at Pine Cove. Eight different camps encompass the modern-day Pine Cove - six in East Texas (Towers, Ranch, Timbers, Shores, Woods, Bluffs) and two near Columbus, Texas (Crier Creek and Outback).