3000 Park Rd 36
Graford, TX 76449
Dallas YMCA camp programs began in 1922 with Camp Crockett, located near Granbury. During World War II, the camp moved back to Dallas on Bachman Lake at Camp Kiwanis. It was during the war that Eugene Constantin lost his only son in service to his nation. Mr. Constantin gave the land on Possum Kingdom Lake to the YMCA, and in 1949 the first summer of camp was held at the current location.The camp was named for Mr. H. Grady Spruce, a well-loved YMCA Youth Secretary, who also served as the summer camp director at Camp Crockett. Mr. Spruce is still remembered for his mentorship of many boys who have become leaders in business and in the community today.In the late 1950’s the demand for boys camping at the YMCA camp was increasing. And in 1960 the Frontier Camp opened up the lake for teenage boys.
Arts & Crafts, Sports, Multiple Types
7 Years Old, 8 Years Old, 9 Years Old, 10 Years Old, 11 and up
What Others are Saying